Frequently Asked Questions

Where are the classes located?

Classes are located on site at Gold Country Calvary Chapel, Grass Valley. A few classes are located off campus as indicated at registration. An example of this might be a physical fitness class at a Nevada County public park.

Do I have to be a Christian?

Absolutely not. We ask that all community members acknowledge our statement of faith and understand that all values, event guidelines, and class foundations will stem from this perspective. 

Do you offer preschool or TK?

Our community membership is for the entire family. Many of our events include everyone. Learning center classes are for grades K to 12, or the equivalent ages. We do not offer preschool classes, or recognize what the state calls 'TK'.

Can I use charter funds?

Unfortunately, no. The mission of Plumbline Learning does not allow for us to commit to the necessary guidelines and regulations required by the CDE in order to be a charter school vendor. Because of this Plumbline is entirely private pay.

Are there scholarships available?

There are a limited number of scholarships available each year. Scholarships are awarded based on financial hardship and funds availability. If you would like to be considered for family sponsorship please use our contact form and type 'scholarship' in the subject line. The deadline for 2022/23 scholarship applications is August 5, 2022.

Can I donate to the ministry?

Yes! Plumbline is able to keep fees down with the help of volunteers, in addition to provide scholarship with monetary help. You can make a tax deductible donation through the link at the top of each page. If you would like to donate your time or items such as books for our library, please send us a note through our contact form.

Why do steps 2 and 3 have enrollment limits?

Community events are designed for large groups of varying age ranges. The benefits included in the parent supports step are dependent on available mentor teachers, tutors, and library resources. Classes offered have enrollment caps in order to keep classroom sizes reasonable and offer a quality academic experience.

What is the food and chemicals policy? 

Staff and students are asked to uphold a fragrance free/scent free policy. Cleaning is reserved for when students are not on site. Our classrooms are food free, and food is only allowed in designated areas. We have on site staff trained in first aide and epi-pen use. If you would like additional information or have a child with specific needs, please let us know. 

Can my special needs student participate?

Our mentor teachers have experience supporting parents of special needs students, and special needs students are welcome in any community or classroom setting that is fitting and beneficial for them. In some situations a parent may be asked to accompany a student to class as an aide. If you have specific questions please feel free to contact us.

Can I make payments?

Community membership and parent supports fees are due at registration. Payments are not accepted for those fees. Tutoring and parent mentoring hours are paid for as needed and due at time of service. Class fees can be paid through an optional payment plan agreed to at the time of registration.